- The next application deadline for admission in the winter semester 2018 is 3 June 2018
In the context of the current application round the Class of Language in the Graduate School Language & Literature Munich is advertising one research assistant position (TV-L 13, 50%) for three years, starting from 1 October 2018.
In addition to the salary, the Class of Language provides to the candidate as to all its doctoral students extensive financial support for conference and research travels.
We especially invite candidates for application who have graduated from a foreign university. Handicapped applicants will be favoured in the case of equal qualification. Applications for the research assistant position are submitted with the application for admission to the Class of Language.
Only a limited number of funded positions for doctoral students are available to the Class of Language. Therefore we recommend that all applicants inform themselves about other funding opportunities at an early stage.
We refer students particularly to scholarships offered by foundations and academic promoters. Information is available for example on the webpages: www.daad.de or Stipendienlotse.de.
Requirements for application
- University degree graded as above average (Master of Arts (“with thesis”), Magister Artium, diploma, state board examination, Maîtrise, Laurea, ect.) with a major in one of the following program subjects: General Linguistics and Language Typology, Theoretical Linguistics, Phonetics, Psycholinguistics, English Linguistics, Romance Linguistics, Slavic Linguistics, German as a foreign language, German Linguistics, Comparative and Indo-European Linguistics, Finno-Ugric / Uralic Studies, Albanian Studies, Cognitve and Cultural Linguistics, or comparable degrees
- The Master's, Magister, Diploma or Thesis required for Staatsexam must be graded “good”; the final grade of the respective degree must be graded "good", too
- working knowledge in European academic languages (ideally three, at least two, one of them must be German; knowledge of a non-European academic language is an asset)
- willingness to actively participate in a structured doctoral program
Applicants will be chosen on the basis of their application documents, final acceptance of pre-selected applicants takes place after an academic discussion with a section panel.
Criteria of selection are the quality of the dissertation project, academic qualification, co operative and communicative skills, as well as the willingness and the ability to work on interdisciplinary theoretical as well as methodological problems in accordance with the aims of the doctoral program.
- A motivation essay in which you explain the reasons you are applying (1-2 pages)
- An exposé of your dissertation intentions with a work outline (10-12 pages, less than 35,000 characters, includings spaces)
- Reports from two university teachers that provide information about your academic potential
- Curriculum Vitae, including a detailed description of academic career
- Copies of all leaving certificates, diplomas and degrees of schools of universities (Proof of final thesis grade and overall grade of your first academic degree
- One copy of university thesis (or a two to three page abstract if it is in an infrequently used language)
How to apply
The application has to be submitted by our application portal.
In case of any difficulties with the online application, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
For further information on the doctoral program and the application process please contact the program coordinator Dr. Daniel Holl (firstname.lastname@example.org, +49 89 2180-3846).